- Admissions Representative, Student Services (BTC)
- Director, Chemical Laboratory Technician Major (BTC)
Director, Chemical Laboratory Technician Major (BTC)
Plans, develops, and administers the Chemical Laboratory Technician Program to ensure the delivery of training and employment opportunities for adult students by performing the following duties personally or through instructors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Interviews applicants, conducts program orientations, and prepares and distributes student progress reports.
- Counsels students as necessary in academic or classroom matters, and resolves grievances related to classroom performance, or appropriate workplace behavior.
- Collaborates with other BTC program directors to ensure the integrity and consistent adherence to the standards of accreditation and organizational goals.
- Remains current on local, state and federal post-secondary education regulations, and advises other directors and organization officers of new developments.
- Ensures the functionality and safety of the programÕs classroom and laboratory environment.
- Collaborates with business, civic, and other organizations to develop curricula to meet the needs and interests of students and the community.
- Analyzes data from questionnaires, interviews, and group discussions to evaluate curricula, teaching methods, and community participation in the program.
- Arranges schedules of classes and teaching staff.
- At times, provides classroom or laboratory instruction to students.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of staff members and provides and oversees training for instructors.
- Prepares annual budget and determines allocation of funds for staff, supplies and equipment, and facilities.
- Participates on the programÕs Advisory Board and collaborates with board members on the content and direction of the program.
- Oversees and evaluates all externships.
- Participates in professional development activities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Bachelors' degree in Chemistry or related area; Master's degree preferred; 3 years of progressive experience within the chemical industry, and a minimum of 2 years experience in training or adult education; demonstrated ability to develop curriculum, manage program budgets, and communicate with a diverse population; or a comparable combination of education and practical experience.
Qualified candidates should send a resume with salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (412) 325-7378. EOE